2009/12/03

Back in Bari.

Well, what can I say, Siena was great! It made me realize what I miss here in Bari: some socially active flatmates who are there to talk to you, have a beer with you, watch tv with you, cook with you....

Here are some peculiar things I noticed about Bari:
1) Very often, you see someone talking to a door. After a while, you realize the person has rung the doorbell and is now talking to someone inside the house through an intercom system (Gegensprechanlage). It's very common to do so, ring the doorbell, say who you are and then chat for a while about the weather, how you are, blabla. I find this very strange. Even if you only talk for 5 minutes, why don't you just go in? If you don't want to see each other, then call the person!

2) Yesterday, I went to the cinema to see "picture of Dorian Gray" (which is very disappointing after having read the book by Oscar Wilde). The cinema was packed. I have noticed this before, but the crowded cinema just made me realize it much more: Italians don't just watch a movie quietly. Every single scene needs to be commented. In some especially peculiar scenes they cheered and shouted. Example: Dorian tells Sibyl that he loves her - everyone clapped and cheered. This resulted in a noise level that made it very hard to understand the movie. Although it's also quite funny.

3) Forgot about it. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment