I met some really nice people here (all Italians) and went out with them two times. Sunday we ate pizza and went to a bar, and yesterday we went bowling. The Italian way of bowling is something that definitely needs to be experienced... everyone is shouting, jumping, clapping, dancing etc at the same time. I don't think I ever had so much fun bowling, it was such a "drama"... after, we went to another pub. Well no actually we went in front of the pub after we had bought a plastic cup of wine inside. Italian nightlife is all on the street, and cars are the furniture... people sit on cars, eat pizza on cars, lean on cars, dance on cars, put their wine bottle on the next car...
Went to lectures today and was thrilled by the Italian timetable, as always, everyone was "on time", which meant that everyone arrived within two hours of the actually scheduled time. No use going on about this...
Going to lectures is obligatory, and occasionally someone checks on that, but nonetheless, more than half of the students prefer to stay home. And noone cares. Well, if I were Italian, I'd probably much rather stay home than endure five hours on these torture banks that they put into our lecture hall. They are designed in a way so that you can never lean back without a sharp pain in the back that makes you immediately sit straight up again. No joke. This way, it's hard to fall asleep. In Germany, I never follow any lectures (they make me fall asleep), but here I actually enjoying listening to them, it helps me very much in learning the language.
There is no lesson that is not interrupted at least twice by the prof's cell phone ringing. In Germany, profs turn around embarrassed and switch of their phone. Here, they always answer their phone with a melodious "pronto!" and then go on talking for a couple of minutes. Again, noone cares. The prof wants to talk to his wife about what's for dinner? So what, be it.
It's October and I still run around in a T-Shirt and skirt! Perfect blue sky, sun, 25 degrees... what more can you ask for? I'll tell you next time.
2009/10/07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment