It all started off with a simple question - I asked the girl sitting next to me in class how I could find out in which group (afternoon course) I am and where this class would take place.
What followed was an odyssey of the clinical setting (which is as big as a middle-sized city itself!).
The girls in my class, at least the ones I talked to, were convinced that I needed to go find some professor and sign something/subscribe to sth... but they weren't all that sure. One of them accompanied me to the central information to ask if I had to do anything special to subscribe to that class (I thought that had already happened). They told us to go to some professor who was supposively responsible for our year. Went there, after 20 minutes walk got there, found out after asking 3 different secretaries that this guy is not responsible or at least said he wasn't responsible. Went back to info centre to ask for the right name. Got another name, but, surprise, noone knew where we could find this new guy. They knew the rough department which has branches in different parts of the clinical setting, walking to all of them would have cost us at least 2 hours. We spent at least an hour searching for this person, but noone had ever heard of him. (And he's not just some nobody but our class coordinator...).
Went back to class. One of the other girls told us she thought that I was already on the class list and didn't need to subscribe to anything else. Someone else said there was no need to subscribe, I could just go. Went back to info centre to ask for group lists (this was my original question, in which group I belonged and where I had to go later). Well, group lists don't exist. A couple of phone calls later, they mysteriously found out I was in group 14.
I spent two exhausting hours running around in Policlinico, for nothing. Well at least I got to know another person of my class who was really nice and helpful.
And now the biggest surprise of all: of course, no professor appeared in the afternoon. Today afternoon class also didn't take place because the professoressa is out of town. For the rest of the week, there are no more classes scheduled. Can you believe it??
2009/11/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment