Completely forgot to tell you, we celebrated my birthday a week ago. It was awesome, I got to listen to "Happy Birthday" in Italian, English, Spanish, Polish, and German. =)
But above all ;-) my friends gave me a wonderful gift: a voucher for Europe's crappiest (and thus cheapest) airline. No name-calling, but their concept is to sell very cheap plane tickets and charging you for every little bit of extra you might need. Example: ticket 10 Euros, credit card fee 10 Euros, one piece of claimed baggage 30 Euros, food 8 Euros, a small coke 5 euros, get a smile from the staff -priceless-, life vest under your seat! please insert 2 Euros, using the bathroom 1,50... and so on (ok, 2 of these I invented). During the flight, you don't get a single minute of silence because they permanently try to sell you all kinds of stuff (lottery tickets, food, duty free items and much more).
Bottomline: if you don't have any baggage and can psycologically put up with the most aggravating people ever, it's a cheap way to travel.
I wasn't sure what to use my voucher on. But yesterday I was convinced by four Italian friends to go with them to Amsterdam. And I booked... with the voucher I paid almost nothing.
Amsterdam is a strange destination. I wanted to use the voucher to travel in Italy and now I am going to a place that's close to my home.
But I thought about it for a while and concluded:
1. I have never been to Amsterdam.
2. I have already travelled in Italy (quite a lot), but I have never travelled with Italians.
3. I would love to spend a few days with those 4 Italians (3 girls& 1 guy), they are my best friends here in this city (well not all 4, two of them).
4. We will probably have a place to sleep (for free). "Probably" is what is making this trip more exciting. I heard there's a lot of nice bridges in Amsterdam that we can sleep under.
So... let's go!
(We're going on April 24th)
2010/03/16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment